wmhilton I do all sorts of things...
I'm a much better web developer than this site would suggest. 😃
I've just been working on cooler stuff than this site.
What am I working on?
My two latest projects are extraordinary. They're not really ready for release (or even beta testing) but once they are, I'm going to write not just one, but a whole series of blog posts about them.
- esgit A fully working implementation of
gitin ECMAScript that also happens to work in the browser. (See next item!)
Prior to that: Bare metal programming!
- Hardware! I got myself a Nandland Go FPGA board. Currently fiddling with I2C and SPI.
- Assembly! Check out the gif of It-boots-but-that's-about-it OS booting and reading a file from disk(ette).
- C! Not technically bare metal, but my dukboot project aims to build a tiny library OS around the duktape JS engine.
Prior to that, I was on a tooling binge. Check out:
- update-readme Auto-generate (and maintain!) your next README file
- create-node-module Refactor your code into lots of small modules, without the friction of set up that would slow you down
- beautify All code looks beautiful, once you've parsed its AST.
These tools are all hovering around the 90% complete stage. I'm saving that last 10% for a rainy weekend.
- webtorrent-button Supercharge ordinary download links with WebTorrent P2P!
- jus I'm a contributor/maintainer
- marky-markdown I contributed the browserified bundle!
- node-modules.io I maintain a site dedicated to npm alternatives and host my own registry mirror
What about projects from college and earlier?
Check out Projects!
Do you ever get paid to build websites?
I do! Not all of them are still in existance. However, here are some recent commercial projects I've worked on that I'm proud of:
- American Classical Music Walk of Fame Player is my first Progressive Web App. Offline support, A2HS install banners, media session API for album art.
- Online.Cars search Not originally my design, but I was lead developer for several months including a full rewrite in Vue.
What's your secret master plan?
Elon Musk had one. My parents often wonder, but I do have a plan. (I also have a 5-year plan!)
My plan is to migrate content from https://sites.google.com/site/wmhilton/home over here, since Github is the place to be these days. That's been my plan since 2014 though so don't hold your breath. I should make that part of my 5-year plan.
Meanwhile, perhaps you'd like to peruse some of my code projects over at @wmhilton?